Mission and objectives of the QPF.
The mission of the Quebec Powerlifting Federation is as follows:
- To promote, control and develop powerlifting in Québec.
- To promote powerlifting as an amateur sport and pursue excellence in this field.
- To promote and encourage powerlifters to compete at the provincial, national and international levels.
- To obtain funds for the development of better athletes and discipline, and to maintain an adequate anti-doping program.
- To work in accord with the Canadian Powerlifting Union (CPU) and the International Powerlifting Federation (IPF).
- To promote an interest in and dedication to better health and fitness through weight training.
- To assist in the development of new training techniques for other sports through weight training.
- To develop powerlifting as a competitive sport at the high-school and university levels.
- To harmonize competition regulations with those of the IPF.
- To develop qualified referees.